BRAZIL - IMPLEMENTATION PF WIND POWER PLANTS
Brésil - EFFICIENCY OFFER
The project is located within the geographic are of Brazil, is a Grouped Project, that consists of the implantation and operation of wind power plants (WPPs).
The project is located within the geographic are of Brazil, is a Grouped Project, that consists of the implantation and operation of wind power plants (WPPs). All wind power plants will supply clean electricity to the Brazilian National Interconnected System (SIN). Verification Report: VCS Version 4.0 7 The first instance included in the Grouped Project is a complex called Ventos do Araripe III Complex composed by fourteen WPPs with a total installed capacity of 358.8 MW that generated total GHG emission reductions of 1,108,053 tCO2.
The benefits of this project are :
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions (CO2) from the Brazilian Interconnected System
- Generates extra income for the landowners, while they can continue using the area for other activities, thus it increases and diversifies the lands productivity
- Stimulates the regional economy by increasing tax revenues for the local government and direct and indirect job opportunities for local workers and service suppliers
- General improvement of the local infrastructure such as road, electricity transmission system and stimulus for education
- Uses equipment which have a domestic content and therefore induce the development of national technology and improvement of domestic know-how
- Stimulates the development of a proficient tertiary sector in the region, thus creating opportunities for education, professionalization and employment
- Important complement and diversification to the run-of-river hydroelectric generation.